Best Whole Home Generators of 2022
In times of severe weather or unexpected power outages, a whole home generator can be a lifesaver. These events can be unpredictable, leaving your home without power in the middle of the night or during a freezing winter storm. It can be frantic trying to find out the portable generator and set it up, and even when you find it it may not have fuel in it or could have damage as it hasn't been maintained in a while. A home generator alleviates these inconveniences for homeowners. There is no need to run around the house searching for extension cords or gas for power with a home generator. Home generators make it easy to get power in emergency situations.
The Importance of Selecting the Right Home Generator:
It is very important to select the right home generator for your home. There are many different types of generators with different features such as fuel type, size, and how much they can power. As all homes vary, not every generator may be the best fit for every home. You need to select a generator that keeps the temperature of your home regulated as well as power the essential appliances to keep your home safe. You must select a generator that will keep your home up ad running in power outages. There are plenty of options to explore to find the best home generator for your home.
The Best Standby Generators for Small Homes in 2022
Briggs and Stratton 12kW Standby Generator
This generator is a great choice for smaller to medium-sized homes between 1,000-3,000 square feet. The Briggs and Stratton 12kW Standby Generator offers about 12,000 watts of power.
- Power management system on the mobile app lets you control everything from your smartphone
- All parts manufactured in the U.S
- Low RPM
- Less fuel consumption
- Lower wattage so only can power some appliances or smaller appliances
- Not recommended for large homes that generate a lot of power
- The generator itself costs about $4,2000 and around $0.97/h to operate on a full fuel tank using maximum power.
- This generator comes with a 10-year warranty policy.
Briggs & Stratton 10 kW Automatic Home Standby Generator, Model 040375
This is a great option for smaller homes due to its lower wattage and lower price. Has efficient power for a small home with fewer appliances.
- Easier installation because it is smaller
- Excellent price point compared to other 10kW units
- Fairly quiet
- Not recommended for larger homes because of lower wattage, would not be able to power many appliances in a larger home
- This generator costs around $3,000 to purchase and about $0.80/h to run on maxim power.
The Best Standby Generators for Large Homes in 2022
Briggs & Stratton 20,000-Watt Standby Generator
This home generator is an extremely powerful and reliable generator. It is a great option for larger homes as it can generate well over 20,000 watts of power.
- Can be powered by either natural gas or propane
- Has a smartphone application
- Weekly self-test feature to ensure it's operational
- Corrosion and weather resistant
- Subscription for monitoring by the manufacturer is sold separately
- A professional is probably needed to install
- The generator itself costs around $5,200 and will cost around $1.60/h to operate
Generac Guardian 24kW Standby Generator
This home generator is one of the largest air-cooled generators on the market today. It also has a compact size so it saves space where ever you might install it.
- True PowerTM Technology: features a smooth and clean operation
- Generac special G-Force Engine: a pressure-lubricated engine
- Rhino Coat Powder coated finish
- Expensive as it is a 24-watt generator
- The generator itself costs around $5,500 and will cost about $2.00/h to operate on a full tank running.
Best Standby Generator for Noise in 2022
Generac Guardian 3-Phase 20kW Automatic Standby Generator Wi-Fi Enabled
This generator is a great option for larger homes with plenty of appliances to power. Additionally, this generator is fairly quiet compared to other similar units.
- Very quiet with a noise level of 67dB
- Comes with a good warranty
- Higher price
- Automatic transfer switch not included
- The generator itself costs around $5,300 and around $1.61/h to operate on its maxim power.
Briggs and Stratton 20kW Fortress Standby Generator
This generator is a great option for medium to larger-sized homes looking to generate a lot of power. This unit is also very quiet with a noise level of only 64 dB.
- Extremely quiet with only a 64dB noise level
- Great for larger homes that need a lot of power
- More expensive than similar units
- The generator itself costs around $5,600 and about $1.65/h to operate with a full fuel tank on maxim power.
Best Standby Generators Overall in 2022
Briggs & Stratton 40336 20kW Standby
We picked this generator as one of the best generators for 2022 because of its price. Compared to other generators this size, this one has a great price for the amount of power it produces.
- Cost-effective for power output
- Quiet muffling feature
- Compact size
- Does not come with a remote control feature to operate
- This generator costs around $4,200 for the unit and about $1.61/h to operate.
Generac Air-Cooled Standby Generator
We chose this generator as one of the best standby generators in 2022 as it has the lowest cost per kilowatt of all other standby generators this size. Additionally, it is one of the quietest generators of its size and power output.
- Very quiet
- High energy output
- Remote monitoring
- High price for the generator itself
- Fuel consumption
- The generator itself costs about $5,800 and will cost around $1.90/h to operate.
Contact the Generator Experts at A&J Today!
Finding the right generator for your home can be more difficult than you expect. There are many things you need to consider such as how much power you need your generator to have, how many appliances you want to operate, and how large your home is. All of these factors can impact what size and style of whole house generator you need and what goes into the cost of owning a whole home generator. The best way to figure this out is to contact a professional. Professionals at A&J will work with you to determine the best standby generator for your home. A&J will also install whichever generator you choose to ensure your home is protected during a power outage. Contact A&J today for your generator installation.