Now that we are facing this global emergency with COVID-19, many of you may be thinking about how to guarantee safety for you and your loved ones. The first security measures that come to mind are likely the purchase of hand sanitizers and face masks, in addition to stocking up on groceries and supplies. However, this isn’t the only precaution you need to take when facing a disaster like the one we’re living through today. A generator is the perfect thing to add to your emergency checklist.
Within the last couple of years, there have been changes in the weather patterns. We’ve seen more aggressive hurricane seasons, wildfires, and much more constant occurrence of rain and thunderstorms. All of these factors are a few of the most common culprits when it comes to power outages. Human and natural disasters can happen at any moment, and now more than ever it is important to be prepared. Imagine the anxiety of being unable to stream the news or speak to loved ones that are in different states/countries with the present COVID-19 situation because the electricity went out. These unfortunate scenarios can occur at any moment, and the only solution for them is to have a good and reliable source of backup energy.
Here are a couple of ways in which generators can help prevent disasters:
- Maintain Your Medical Appliances Powered: It is important to have backup power in case you or a family member depend on a medical device for quality of life. In an emergency, a generator could be the sole energy source for oxygen tanks, heart monitors, ventilators, and many more.
- Keep Critical Places Powered for Public Health: Today, most crucial systems are dependent on electrical power. Places such as water/sewage facilities and hospitals, as well as systems of communication and transportation require continuous power to operate properly. Businesses of all types and sizes should invest in an emergency generator to avert a loss in production and to protect employees from additional complications.
- Do Not Let Your Food Go Bad: Now that you are stocking up your fridge to avoid constantly visiting restaurants or the grocery store, don’t risk power going out. Most foods become perishable following a couple of hours of energy loss. Make sure that your produce and money don’t go to waste by having a generator. Just plug in your refrigerator and don’t be worried about exposing your wellbeing by having to restock.
- Working from Home: If you are working remotely or if you run a business from your house, a loss of energy could signify a complete inability to work, yet an emergency generator can keep the Wi-Fi, computers, and printers running through the power outage.
- Studying from Home: Similar to working from home, most schools are currently hosting classes via the internet to assist with social distancing. As a result of this, in the event of a major power outage, a lot of children/teens could have trouble having access to their learning tools. Avoid letting your kids become one of those students by having a generator in your house that could power the internet and their electronic devices.
- Keep Your Home Comfortable: If you are one of those that are in lockdown or if you are taking precautions from being outdoors, make sure that you can keep your home in a comfortable temperature during a power outage.
- Stay in Touch and Informed: During a disaster, one of the most important things is your ability to stay in communication with friends/family and with what’s happening in the world. A generator can provide power for televisions, radios, and outlets to charge mobile phones.
- Peace of Mind: The present condition of the health crisis that the world is in may be nerve-wracking for lots of people. Avoid having added anxiety for any of the before mentioned reasons by purchasing a generator. It will give you a sense of stability and security to know that, regardless of external factors, your home and most important electronic devices will be powered at all times.
Are you ready to invest in your peace of mind? Don’t wait for a disaster to happen and contact A&J Generator and Equipment to find out more about residential and commercial generator options. We are happy to answer questions and help you prepare in advance. Our services include, but are not limited to: sales, installations, servicing, and maintenance of generators and transfer switches in Connecticut and Westchester County, NY. A generator is not just a convenience, it’s also a tool for health and safety!